Figli di Pinin Pero
was founded in 1956,
but our family has been involved in the food and colonial imports trade since the long ago year of 1890.
OUR COMPANY IS DISTINGUISHED BY:
- The utmost attention to quality.
- Experience and tradition.
- The ability to innovate our products and packaging.
- The flexibility to meet the needs of an increasingly attentive and demanding clientèle.
- An in-depth knowledge of global sugar production.
3 Production plants 67
15,000 square meters of covered areas 67
50 kW of clean energy 64
Over 1,000,000,000 packets produced per year 93
In the long ago year of 1890, Giuseppe Pero (nicknamed “Rocchetta” for his birthplace in Rocchetta Tanaro, in the province of Asti) opened a retail and wholesale grocery shop near the Nizza Monferrato train station.
His business flourished, and in the 1920s it passed to his son Giuseppe (“Pinin” in Piedmontese dialect) Pero, who, together with his wife, Francesca Spagarino, kept it going and expanded it during the difficult years of the 1929 recession, autocracy and the Second World War.
In 1955, Pinin Pero died in a traffic accident at the age of 56, but the business carried on thanks to the initiative of his sons, Francesco and Lorenzo.
In the mid-1970s, an evolving market demanded that choices be made. Should the company develop the commercial side of its business in a general direction, meaning supermarkets, “cash & carries” or other forms of distribution, or should it specialise in one specific sector of the food industry?
They opted to take the latter route, and settled on sugar as their specialisation.
Between the mid-’70s and the early ’80s, members of the fourth generation of the Pero family began to join the company: Giuseppe and Paolo (Francesco’s sons) and Maria Luisa and Andrea (Lorenzo’s daughter and son). Meanwhile, new market demand was calling for not just sugar, but sugars of all kinds, in all sorts of packaging and in every possible form.
It was in 1976 that the company entered the business of packaging and manufacturing sugar.